Enthusiastic to improve health care in Canada and around the world and building on her research in knowledge translation and leadership, Wendy has international research collaborations with colleagues in China, Sweden, Brazil and Australia. She has completed an internationally funded study with Shanghai Jiongtong University and Shanghai Ninth People’s Hospital to explore the role of leadership in knowledge translation of evidence-based pain management practices in pediatric populations with partner researchers from: Shanghai Jiongtong University (Ruan, Yu, Li), University of Melbourne (Harrison), Virginia Commonwealth University (Hu), University of California San Diego (Aarons) and University of Central Florida (Ehrhart).
Wendy is also part of an international team across four countries (Australia, Canada, Sweden, UK) that aims to understand leadership for improving nursing care. Known as FLAME (Facilitation & Leadership Actively Mobilizing Evidence), this team has presented its work internationally and a recent publication has won the 2019 Mosher and Mosher Award for the best research article published in Public Administration Review.
- Kislov, R., Wilson, P., Cummings, G., Ehrenberg, A., Gifford, W., Harvey, G., Kelly, J., Kitson, A., Pettersson, L., Wallin, L. (2019). From research evidence to ‘evidence by proxy’? Organisational enactment of evidence-based healthcare in four high-income countries. Public Administration Review, 79(5), 684–698. DOI: 10.1111/puar.13056
- Lin, T., Shen, Y., Gifford, W., Qin, X., Liu, X., Lan, Y., Harrison, D. (2019). Methods of gastric tube placement verification in neonates, infants and children – a systematic review and meta-analysis. American Journal of Gastroenterology. DOI: 10.14309/ajg.0000000000000358
- YANG Xiao鄄xian袁, CHEN Yan鄄fang袁, CHEN Wen鄄jun袁 Gifford, W., XIE Ri鄄. (2019). Implications of Canadian Community Health Nursing Practice Standards for Chinese community practice. Chinese Journal of Nurse Education, 16(5), 393-397. DOI: 10.3761/j.issn.1672-9234.2019.05.019
- Gifford, W., Zhang, Q; Chen, S. Davies, B; Xie, R; Wen, SW; Harvey, G. (2018). When east meets west: a qualitative study of barriers and facilitators to evidence-based practice in Hunan China. BMC Nursing 17:26. DOI: 10.1186/s12912-018-0295-x.
- Harvey, G., Cummings, G., Ehrenberg, A., Gifford, W., Kelly, J., Kislov, R., Kitson, A., Wallin, L., Wilson, P. (2018). Mobilising evidence to improve nursing practice: a qualitative study of leadership roles and processes in four countries. International Journal of Nursing Studies.
- Gifford, W., Graham, I.D, Ehrhart, M.G, Davies, B.L, Aarons GA. (2017). Ottawa Model of Implementation Leadership (O-MILe) and Implementation Leadership Scale (ILS): Mapping concepts for developing and evaluating theory-based leadership interventions. Journal of Healthcare Leadership, 9;15-23.
- Eldh A., Almost J., DeCorby-Watson K., Gifford W., Harvey G., Hasson H., Kenny D., Moodie S., Wallin L., Yost, J. (2017) Clinical interventions, implementation interventions, and the potential greyness in between: A discussion paper. BMC Health Services Research, 17:16; DOI: 10.1186/s12913-016-1958-5
- Tian, L., Gifford, W., Yutao, L., Xiuqun, Q., Xuelian, Liu., Biping, Y., Ken, C. (2017). Diagnostic accuracy of ultrasonography for detecting nasogastric tube placement in adults – A systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 71. 80-88. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2017.03.005
- Tistad, M., Palmcrantz, S., Wallin, L., Ehrenberg, A., Olsson, C., Tomson, G., Holmqvist, L.W., Gifford, W., Eldh, A.C. (2016). Developing leadership in managers to facilitate the implementation of national guideline recommendations: a process evaluation of feasibility and usefulness. International Journal of Health Policy and Management, 5(8), 477-486 DOI: 10.15171/ijhpm.2016.35
- Xie, R., Gifford, W., Davies, B., Zhang, Q., Chen, S. (2016). 加拿大护理教学的特色与借鉴 (Characteristics of Canadian Nursing Teaching: What we can learn). Chinese Journal of Nursing Education, 13(6): 476-479
- Andersson, A. E., Gifford, W., Nilsson, K. (2015) Improving care in surgery – A qualitative study of managers’ experiences of implementing evidence-based practice in the operating room. Journal of Hospital Administration, 4(4), 73-83. DOI: 10.5430/jha.v4n4p73